The Connecticut Clay Artists
Clementine Cake← previous
Back to table of contents
next →Dessert by Karen Pinto
- 5 unpeeled clementines (or 1 1/3 cup processed fruit)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 heaping tsp baking powder
- Put unpeeled clementines in pot covered with cold water. Boil; cook for 2 hours.
- Drain and cool. Cut each clementine in half. Remove seeds. Finely chop sins, pith and fruit in food processor or by hand.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter and line an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, almonds and baking powder. Mix well by hand adding the chopped clementines. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean. (You'll probably have to cover the cake with foil after about 40 minutes to prevent the top from burning.)
- Place pan on rack to cool. Remove from pan when cool.
Estimated prep time: 3 hoursYield: 8-10 servings