The Connecticut Clay Artists
Indian Turkey Meat Ball Appetizer← previous
next →Appetizer by Roberta Ahuja
Indian Turkey Meat Ball Appetizer
For the meat balls themselves:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds minced turkey
- 3-4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp grated ginger roo
- 1/2 tsp garan masala (Find in Indian food store or Google how to make.)
- 1 finely chopped green chili, seeds removed.
- cooking oil
- Marinate meat with above ingredients, overnight or for a few hours.
- Form the balls; make them small for appetizers.
For the sauce:
- 7-8 whole black pepper corns
- 1 inch cinnamon piece
- 5 green cardamom seeds
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Fry peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamom in the oil.
- Gently place meatballs in the pan. Cover for 5-8 minutes, and then turn over.
- When both sides are sautéed, add enough water to cover meatballs.
- To thicken sauce, make several beurre manie “balls” by kneading the flour and butter together. Whisk this into the sauce.
- When meat is cooked, add the yogurt, mixing carefully to avoid clumps. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
Estimated prep time: 40 minutes to prep, several hours or overnight to marinate.Yield: 4 servings