The Connecticut Clay Artists
Chickpea Casserole← previous
next →Side dish by Paula Cook
- 1 tbsp oil or water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- one 16 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly oil 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Heat oil or water in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic, stirring frequently until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
Estimated prep time: 40 minutesYield: six servings