The Connecticut Clay Artists
Mashed Yams with Clementines← previous
next →Side dish by Katie Tynan Helú
Mashed Yams with Clementines
- 6 medium yams (orange flesh)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp nutmeg (to taste)
- juice of 2 clementines
- zest of 1 or 2 clementines
- dash or two of cinnamon
- Bake yams at 400° for about an hour until soft.
- Slit yams lengthwise to scoop out pulp and mash them. (Note: do not skin them otherwise stringy parts will result)
- Add the butter and the juice from the clementines, and blend together.
- Add the nutmeg. (Note: it will taste like too much until the cinnamon and zest are added).
- Then add the cinnamon, and last, add the zest.
Estimated prep time: an hour and a halfYield: 6-8 servings