The Connecticut Clay Artists
Romanian String Beans← previous
Back to table of contents
next →Side dish by Paula Marian
Romanian String Beans
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs string beans
- 1 large onion
- 6 gloves garlic
- olive oil
- 3 small carrots
- 1 small container sour cream
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- hot pepper (optional)
- Chop onion and garlic. Sauté in olive oil.
- Clip ends of beans. Cut or break into 3 inch pieces. Add beans and sliced carrots to sauté pan. Toss with salt and pepper and cook until almost soft. About 15 on medium heat.
- Add water until bean/carrot mixture is almost covered. Cook for about 40 minutes on lower heat. Add tomatoes. Cook until soft.
- Add hot pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat. Add sour cream. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Estimated prep time: 70 minutesYield: 8 servings